History of Tifton - In March of 1872, Henry Harding Tift selected a site for a sawmill alongside the tracks of the Brunswick and Albany Railroad, where two old well-trodden trails converged. Tift preferred to name the town, Lena, but it was not long before Tift's Town was shortened to Tifton and became the official designation. On December 29, 1890, Tifton officially became a city.
More information

Subcategories 13

Related categories 2

Last update:
January 7, 2020 at 0:01:38 UTC
Regional
Science
Shopping
Society
Sports
All Languages
Arts
Business
Computers
Games
Health
Home
News
Recreation
Reference